DRBA SCHOLARSHIP QUALIFICATIONS
Note: These qualifications are intended to guide the applicant as to whether or not to apply for the Duck River Baptist Association Scholarship. However, meeting the “qualifications” for a scholarship does not guarantee that the applicant will actually receive a scholarship.
1. Applicant must be intent upon preparing for a full-time church related vocation including, but not limited to, the following: Pastor, Minister of Music/Worship, Minister of Education, Minister of Students, North American or International Missionary, etc.
2. Applicant must be an active member of a church affiliated with the Duck River Baptist Association.
3. A member of the ministerial staff of the church where church membership is held must send a letter of recommendation on behalf of the applicant. (This is only required on the first application)
4. Applicant must be accepted by a SBC-related or TBMB-related college, university, or seminary before the scholarship is funded. Eligible schools include:
Southern Baptist Theological Seminary and Boyce College, Louisville, KY
Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary and Scarborough College, Ft. Worth, TX
New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary and Leavell College, New Orleans, LA
Gateway Seminary of the Southern Baptist Convention, Ontario, CA
Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary and The College at Southeastern, Wake Forest, NC
Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary and Midwestern Baptist College, Kansas City, MO
Carson-Newman University, Jefferson City, TN
Union University, Jackson, TN
5. Applicant must be a full-time student as defined by the educational institution.
6. Applicants graduating high school must have a minimum GPA of 2.0 and a minimum ACT of 18 or a minimum SAT of 860. Applicants who are awarded scholarships shall be eligible for consideration annually, but must maintain a GPA of 2.0 and must re-apply each year.
7. Applicant must provide a written account (no more than one typed page) of a genuine conversion experience and a call to full-time Christian service with specific emphasis upon the church related vocation to which one feels called. (This is only required on the first application)
8. Applicant must obtain a qualifications sheet, an instruction sheet for completing the scholarship application and a scholarship application from Duck River Baptist Association and return the completed scholarship application and other required information as noted on the instruction sheet to the Association office by 4PM on April 15th.
All applicants will be notified by email no later than May 31st regarding the outcome of scholarship awards.
Please e-mail email@example.com or stop by the Duck River Baptist Association office for applications.