Duck River Baptist Association Scholarship
Note: These qualifications are intended to guide the applicant as to whether or not to apply for the Duck River Baptist Association Scholarship. However, meeting the “qualifications” for a scholarship does not guarantee that the applicant will actualy receive a scholarship.
1. Applicant must be intent upon preparing for a full-time church related vocation including, but not limited to, the following: Pastor, Minister of Music/Worship, Minister of Education, Minister of Students, North American or International Missionary, etc.
2. Applicant must be an active member of a church affiliated with the Duck River Baptist Association.
3. A member of the ministerial staff of the church where church membership is held must send a letter of recommendation on behalf of the applicant.
4. Applicant must be accepted by an accredited Southern Baptist college, university or seminary before the scholarship is funded. Consideration may be given to undergraduate students not attending a SBC College under special circumstances.
5. Applicant must be a full-time student as defined by the educational institution.
6. Applicants graduating high school must have a minimum GPA of 2.5 or a minimum ACT of 21 or a minimum SAT of 1200. Applicants already in college or seminary must have a minimum GPA of 2.5.
7. Applicant must provide a written account (no more than one typed page) of a genuine conversion experience and a call to full-time Christian service with specific emphasis upon the church related vocation to which one feels called.
8. Applicant must obtain a qualifications sheet, an instruction sheet for completing the scholarship application and a scholarship application from Duck River Baptist Association and return the completed scholarship application and other required information as noted on the instruction sheet to the Association by April 15th, 2013.
9. Applicants who are awarded scholarships shall be eligible for consideration annually, but must maintain a GPA of 2.5 and must re-apply each year.
All applicants will be notified by email no later than May 17th regarding the outcome of scholarship awards.